Sooooooo…my first book club recommendation is The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business.
Who is this book for?
- Individuals wanting to making REAL changes in their personal and or professional lives.
- Individuals wanting to understand why they do what they do.
- Individuals who need help or want to understand how to break old habits and create new ones.
What is the book really about?
As the title suggests, the book is all about habits. The author breaks down the topic of habits and explains it using stories and real life every day examples, and then backs it up with scientific research and facts.
He talks about habits in three major areas :
- The Habits of Individuals
- The Habits of Successful Organizations
- The Habits of Societies
I believe the entire book is great and is worth multiple reads BUT, if you only care about making and breaking habits in your personal life then Part 1 – The Habits of Individuals is pretty much all you need to read.
If you have your own business or you intend to start your own business or, if you are in an area where you would like to influence change over an organization / society you need to read this book cover to cover!
I purchased this book online at Amazon.com and i have linked it below if you are interested in purchasing it too.
If you have read this book already, I would to hear your thoughts about it so please feel free to comment below – id love to hear from you!